A test block is loaded against a test ring that rotates at a given speed for a given number of revolutions. Block scar and ring scar volume is calculated after the test using the integrated profilometer . The friction force is continuously measured during the test with a load cell. These data, combined with normal force data, are converted to coefficient of friction values and reported.
- ASTM D2981-94(2009) Standard Test Method for Wear Life of Solid Film Lubricants in Oscillating Motion
- ASTM D3704-96(2006) Standard Test Method for Wear Preventive Properties of Lubricating Greases Using Block on Ring Test Machine in Oscillating Motion
- ASTM G77-05(2010) Standard Test Method for Ranking Resistance of Materials to Sliding Wear Using Block-on-Ring Wear Test
- ASTM G176-03(2009) Standard Test Method for Ranking Resistance of Plastics to Sliding Wear using Block-on-Ring Wear Test-Cumulative Wear Method
- ASTM D2509 GREASE STANDARD TEST METHOD FOR MEASUREMENT OF LOAD-CARRYING CAPACITY OF LUBRICATING GREASE (TIMKEN METHOD)
- ASTM D2782 Measurement of Extreme-Pressure Properties of Lubricating Fluids (Timken Method)